OLÉ believes that every worker has the right to dignity, safety and respect in the workplace. Working with local and state policy makers and ballot initiatives, OLÉ members are creating policies that benefit the foundation of our state – working families.
Since we opened our doors in 2009, OLÉ has organized workers around key policies that are part of a larger frame of racial, gender and economic justice, including:
- Raising New Mexico’s minimum wage
- Passing paid sick leave for all workers in New Mexico
- Protections for workers against wage theft, unfair scheduling practices and unsafe working conditions
- Enforcement of wage and paid sick leave laws
- Protections for workers, especially undocumented workers, people of color, women, LGBTQ communities and essential workers